Just want some advice (christians)

I'm 22, a senior in college, pregnant with my 1st child, and I am not saved. But I love the lord, I love praising god, and i love the inspiration i get from gospel music. I go to church occasionally, and when i go i love being there. But i like having drinks with my friends (when im not pregnant), and goin to the clubs with my friends, I also like listening to some rap. I want to get saved but the life i live on fridays and saturdays doesn't seem "christian like" and I don't want to be seen as a hypocrite. Any advice?
Please no sarcastic or mean comments.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• You know what you need to do.

Answer by louise2 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Do you sincerely want to know Christ personally? Than you have to make a very hard choice ~ Christ or old life. Look, rap isn't a sin nor is an occasional drink but the lifestyle that surrounds those things can become far from godly. It's a choice, albeit a tough one but one that must be made. If you truly love God than you want Him and only Him. The other stuff is just trivial. Consider this....one day you will face Christ in heaven. Do you want to be welcomed as a good and faithful servant or have to explain "well, I wanted to accept you but Friday and Saturdays were more important". I'm praying for you and am here if you want to talk!
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 10:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• There is nothing wrong with going out dancing, and having a drink once in a while (though not to excess). You can live a Christian life and still have fun. Besides, you life is already changing in dramatic ways...You are about to be a MOM! That is a blessing straight from God and you need to honor him. If you truly believe and want to be devoted to God, why not turn your life over to him completely. Trust me, he is the ONLY person in your life that will not betray you at some point and time. Let yourself go and see what he does with your life. I lived your lifestyle and was Baptized a year ago this past July when I was 28. If you want to talk with someone who understands, I'm a willing listener.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 11:02 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I am wondering why you say you aren't saved and why you are waiting? Get on your knees and cry out God is calling and He is ready and waiting! He says knock and the door is open unto you don't worrie about the going out and drinking right now God will take care of that as He continues flooding your heart with His unfailing LOVE. Right now cry out to Jesus ask Him to be Lord of your life....you will become a new creature and old things will pass away you are NEW!
    TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 11:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• (RAN OUT OF ROOM)----If you are holding back because you are still going out then DON"T hold back any longer God loves you right where you are He has made a way and His grace is sufficient for you! If you have already said the sinners prayer and are just confused because you have not given up the world totally then you are feeling conviction and just ask God for strength to endure ask God to bring the change in you that you are needing He will work it out and He wants us to know that we can't do it with out Him!
    TalithaStarry

• i wouldn't say your not saved. i mean jesus died for our sins and no one is prefect and through his atonement he has already saved each and everyone of us. also if you accept god and you believe in him then your saved. no one walk a straight path so just cause your faltering doesn't mean you won't make it to heaven. that is not the case. just let god into your life more and the drinking and what not will become less.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• God tells us to come as we are. He doesn't tell us we have to clean up our act before we come to Him. Ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior. If you are truly sincere, (only He will know), then He will come and live in you through His Holy Spirit. Then He, (the Holy Spirit), will guide you in the way you should go. Be sure to read the bible so God can speak to your heart. Start in the New Testament to learn about Jesus, and also to learn how to live a victorious, overcoming life.
    Visit our website. You will find prayers, inspiration, and even some live recorded teachings there.
    God bless you in your new walk with the Lord. www.victoryinjesuswom.org
    Rev.Valerie

Answer by Rev.Valerie at 11:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Hey there.:)
    Ok first, being saved is accepting Jesus as your savior . Being saved means that you give your whole heart and being to God , and trust that he will give you opportunies to be christ like. Its about the personal relationship with Jesus and you. Not you and other Christians. Remember that its not about how the world of people see you as. Weither you fell you are being a hypocrite, thats your concience speaking to you. That is the Holy Ghost giveing you a nudge , asking you, what are you doing? Ive been there. Im a month shy of my 21st birthday, i have a 3 year old waiting at home and a loving hardworking fiance. You dont think i get calls from my old friends asking me to go clubbing with them. To "live life a little" .Well im living life right now. (CONTINUE BELOW)
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• CONTINUED...
    It might not be what people my age are doing , but im living and striding to live like Jesus did. SEE, the great thing about accepting Jesus is your accepting that he died on the cross for us.Freeing us from our sins. Giving a second chance. For me it was more like thrid , fourth , fifth chance. But ive done it. God was with me all along, waiting for me to fully embrace Him. And you know what? it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. There is more to life than partys , clubs, drinking ..It took me a whole year to fully figure that out. Is it tempting now? No, because i dont Put my self in a postion to be tempted. My mom would call me and ask me to go out with her to a club.
    aMbeR012005

• CONTINUED....
    My own mom was tempting me to return to my old lifestyle. Leaving son at home, while i partied, while fiance and i went our sepreate ways at night. No, God had more for me and my family. Yes i had to give up things, but believe me when i say that it is the best thing that has ever happened to me! THE "GOOD FEELING" at church, the "GOOD FEELING" you get when you hear gospel music is not just a feeling. Its the Holy Ghost giving you comfort . Its up to if you want to feel him only on sundays, OR every single day day of yoru life! God takes us sin and all. As long as you are making an effort to change, God will see that and WILL still give HIS unconditional love. Being a CHRIST FOLLOWER (Christian) means you are living you life everyday trying to talk like Jesus, walk like Jesus, and love like Jesus. And repent of our sins. Hope this helps .sorry for the essay. lol..
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2008