1 month fell off the bed.

i feel horrible, so please don't bash. My one month old (who has already turned from his stomach to his back--sounds far fetched but true) rolled off of my bed just now. He was on his side curled up next to me. I had my arms around him and felt it happening in my sleep but couldn't wake myself up enough to grab him before it happened. He somehow managed to land on his forehead (idk if that really makes a difference in a baby this young). He fussed for maybe a minute and then took a 4 oz bottle. I'm going to call the doc regardless in a few hours when they open but I really need some encouraging words or something, bc I'm really stressed since he fell this early on (and this is my second child). I think I'm going to be up the rest of the night. Would I notice things right away if something were wrong?
My first didn't even roll this early so I've never dealt with this before.

Again, I already feel horrible enough so please do t bash.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did a knot or bruise come up? If so, I wouldn't wait, I would go to the ER right away. A knot that rises usually is OK (I'm speaking about children 6 months and up) but one that dents is trouble. In a child that young I really wouldn't take any chances, get him to the doctor also, with a head injury, sleeping right away is not recommended.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Whatever you do... try to keep him conscious and alert for a while! Do you know how to check for pupil response? I wouldnt wait that few hours, I would take him in the nearest ER... Good luck and I will pray for you and your son.. keep us posted!
    Mossy.Oak.Momma

Answer by Mossy.Oak.Momma at 7:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Hmm, my dd fell off the couch at 6 weeks old. She cried for a few seconds and then stopped when I picked her up. She didn't have any marks though, she fell less then a foot. She was fine... No problems at all. I would strongly recommend a guard if you're going to be cosleeping with your child next to the edge of the bed.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 7:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'm sure he is fine...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• get x rays of the head . it happend to me too just for safty....
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• If you are going to call a doctor as soon as you can, you are already doing the right thing, aside from comforting him as you did. We all learn as we go along. I often think my first baby got the worsed of me as mother. Once I had my second I knew where all these sticky out cupboard corners were!!! Serious results from bumps on the head usually come later, so keep an eye on him  But take care of yourself too. You need a hug of some kind. Treat yourself to something comforting too. Chocolate? xxx

Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 2:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Thanks to all that replied. We got him in to the doc and she thought he would be fine but said to keep an eye on him and look for extra fussiness or sleepiness throughout tonight.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Oh wow..Well dont feel bad, I mean its normal not to but at least he seems to be ok!
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• yeah it's okay things happen and we learn from them. whenever they get hurt with the head dont let them sleep for a while and call ur doctor
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 8:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2011