The screetching has got to stop!!

My 18 mo old dd has been making this high pitch squeel at the top of her lungs when she is annoyed or mad, or bored, or when she thinks it's funny. It would be ok if she just did it once then stopped. But she will do it CONSTANTLY. Esp. in the car. In the car I try to give her a toy or soemthing to distract her and she ends up throwing it at me usually. We tell her to stop, she will look at me, stiffen up, and raise her hand like she is going to hit me, then start all over again. I have tried spanking her, time outs, ignoring her (that actaully made the screaming last for over an hour before mommy snapped and bit her head off. Then she stopped ofr about 2 min, to cry and started it again). And she doesn't just do it for me. She does it at DC, with my mom, and dh too. But none of us have figured out an effective way to make her stop! HELP!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• honestly it's a faze, you can try to correct the behavior right away, but understand that it will continue for a while. She's figuring out how to use their voice. It will pass just be patient.
    good luck
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• It will probably just stop on its own one day
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 12:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011