What do u do whe ur DH is very sick and wont go to the doctor????

My DH is very hard headed he has very sharp pains in his chest and migranes and will not go to the doctor...... his migranes are so bad he cant work for days at a time.... what should i do???

mommymtz

Asked by mommymtz at 8:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• Make the appt for him & drive his stubborn butt to the Dr. yourself! Tell him you love him & hate to see him suffer. Tell him you want him around long enough to grow old together! Whatever it takes, get him to the Dr. They have meds for migraines & chest pains are nothing to mess around with. If he refuses, tell him you will call 911 to report that your husb is having chest pains! That'll get him in the car! GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:13 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I remind DH that we depend on him to be healthy. If one of us gets sick, the other can't take care of everything. There have been times that's I've made appointments for him and took him.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:13 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Is he on any medication for his migraines? As for the chest pains, he should at least get them checked out. What if something is wrong with his heart? He doesn't care? Maybe he should do it for you and your children.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:13 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Call his doctor and set up an appointment. Also if you can ask for a phone consultation. And tell your dh what the doctor had said to you.
    OR
    Nagging a lot! Might work.
    OR
    I would call his best buddy to take him to the Dr's Office. I know he can say no to his best friend.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 8:13 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• *can't say "no" to his best friend.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 8:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Wow...I'm way meaner. I tell him if he isn't going to do anything to help himself, then get up and get back to work or help with the kids. I sure don't get a free pass when I'm sick and I DO something about my illnesses.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• the doctor put him on loratab for his migranes but he wont go back for his refill... my mom said he could be anxiety attacks cuz i'm 28 weeks with our first child...... but idk...... thanks for the help.....
    mommymtz

Comment by mommymtz (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Make the Doctor's appointment and take him. Although when my husband is really sick he is usually willing to go.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2011