Has anyone here.....

Ever had a heat stroke???? Last Monday I was helping hubby bring out in the front of the house bring some tree cuttings, we carried a big log, which I think weighed at least 100 pounds, between the two of us. We did this in extreme heat over 95 degrees, the minute I let go of the log, I knew something was wrong. I felt weird and started seeing spots, I made it inside my house, where I fainted and woke up in the kitchen floor, then got up and threw up all over myself..then managed to get to my room upstairs and into the ac, eventually it all went away but it was scary, anyone had one of these????

Asked by older at 8:21 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Yes, you got Vertigo from the heat! You should lay down in a cool place right away when that happens. Cool packs help! I agree, it is scary and can make you pass out - you did the right thing! :o) (Stay Cool when u can)
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:26 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Not to that extreme, but yesterday our temps hit 110 and after being outside for a while (took out trash, watered plants, fed the cats) I was so sick that I did actually throw up. After I cooled off I felt a little better. I hope you are doing better today.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Sorry to hear that hope you are feeling better today
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Alisim, feeling back to normal, this happened last Monday, and I will never go out there and do the same!

Comment by older (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2011