I'm sure baby moves while you are sleep, how come it doesn't wake you up though?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Because you are in a REM state, stuff that happens to your body isn't likely to be noticed.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:26 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Probably our pure exhaustion, plus the baby is more restful when you are!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• While sleeping (REM) ect.. the body is in a VERY deep state the only things likely to wake most people up in REM are bad dreams,loud nosies, and being shook awake
    leandrat

Answer by leandrat at 8:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Oh it will wake you up! Just wait!
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 8:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• toward the end of my pregnancies, it did wake me up!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• LOL, since the time when my daughter started moving in there, she woke me at all hours. My senses changed completely when I was pregnant and I was very "in tune" with her; the slightest twitch from her and I was awake. Plus, I could only sleep/sit in certain positions or she would be very unhappy and kick the crap out of me!
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Are you kidding lol My son wakes me up at least once a night. He has been for about 2 months now and I'm 39 weeks pregnant now. Both of my pregnancies were like that. My daughter moved more during the night and so does this one.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• well I think once the baby is big enough and if he kicks you hard enough he will wake you. That happened to me close to full term. Only a few times though.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011