How do you ever get past the loss of a baby enough to feel comfortable being pregnant again?

I had a miscarriage with my last pregnancy and I was completely devastated. I am now pregnant again and constantly scared. I just wish I could feel better about this pregnancy. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Hi mama im so sorry for your loss there are REALLY no good answers to this I wonder this myself I lost 9 babies before finding out what was going on and causing them lost them all before 12 weeks now that I am working on week 17 pains and everything still worry me I REALLY dont think that you ever get over it and move on just week by week I personally set up mile stones like past 12 weeks (other losses) making it to 13 weeks (the second trimester) 4d gender scan (15 weeks) heart test (18 weeks not there yet) ect.....best of luck try to stay happy

Here is what I told my husband about this one
    " every time I have gotten prego the last 7 times I have worried, and cried, and been so stressed over the what ifs that I REFUSE to do it this time I will enjoy EVERY moment of this baby even IF it dosent make it cause being unhappy now wont make me any less unhappy if something where to happen!"
    leandrat

Answer by leandrat at 8:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• It's hard to be pregnant after a loss. I had a m/c with my first pregnancy, and quite honestly I worried a lot during my subsequent pregnancies, especially my middle child where I had some validly worrisome pregnancy complications. With my first and second living children, I worried a LOT right through the whole process. I regretted that, and with my third (and last) child I made a really concentrated effort to just enjoy the pregnancy regardless of the eventual outcome. My theory was this: that worrying would not change the outcome one iota, but would rob me of the enjoyment of the moment, and that I have never regretted the time I spent being happy in my first pregnancy, even though I ultimately did not get to have that baby. So I was going to enjoy the moment for it's own sake, being aware that I would never regret my happiness if something bad happened, but would regret my misery if nothing bad happened.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:37 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My niece unfortunately lost her baby (6 weeks old to SIDS) - it was so sad. But, she had a beautiful baby about a year later - she is very happy and about to celebrate her 2nd birthday!
    *Don't let what has happened in the past determine what may happen in the future!*
    Good luck!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• PRAY............................................
    lovevlj31

Answer by lovevlj31 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2011