How would you respond to this?

As most of you know we just recently moved; well my husband gave our new phone number and address to all his family but when I was talking to my siblings he made the comment "you aren't planning on giving them our address and phone number are you?" I didn't say anything because I didn't feel like a fight. But what would you do?

I don't think it is right that he feels it is OK to give all his family our information(and they are the ones I'd prefer not to have it) and then have the balls to tell me not to give it to any of my family.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I would tell him flat out that his family had it, mine would too. I don't like seeing my inlaws either, so I know how you feel. You need some sort of contact with people you enjoy spending time with. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My family would have my address and phone number period!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would talk to him calmly and ask him why. I would tell him since his family has our contact info, then it's only fair to give it to both sides. Good luck - hope it goes well.

Answer by missanc at 8:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Ugh! Definately not fair. Give your family your info.! Tell him he's not being fair and tell him your family in important to you!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would have laughed and said, "since you gave it to your family, there's CERTAINLY no harm in giving it to mine!"
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Have they caused problems before? If not, I don't understand why the hell family couldn't have that information. Particularly when he feels that it is fine for HIS family to have it. It makes me worry that he might be trying to isolate you from your friends and family.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would have said, "I won't if you can retract giving ALL your relatives the info" Not possible honey? Then YES I AM.
    Oh God......I am in mood, aren't I??? LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 8:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i could understand if they caused problems in the past... if not, then they have every right to know/you have every right to give it to them.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 10:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• must be reason he did not want info going out to some people

some back history please
    this comment does not come fromno where- and if it did, he would be crazy nuts
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You are an adult and can give your address and phone number to anyone you choose. You both sound pretty immature.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2011