i have a UTI...

I have a uti.. and i am 4 1/2 weeks pregnant. I go see my dr. tomorrow about it. Will it hurt my baby??

MommyMerKinsX2

Asked by MommyMerKinsX2 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It shouldn't! Drink cranberry juice (pure) and the doc will prob give you some meds. It is common in pregnancy. I used to take cranberry pills ALL THE TIME because I was prone to them. I don't really get them anymore, but I hope that helps!!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I second that! Drink plenty of cranberry juice to prevent them. I had one during my second pregnancy. All is well. But you want to catch it fast and get it taken care of.
    01buckler15

Answer by 01buckler15 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Good thing you caught it, get it taken care of right away. No problem with the baby as long as you take your meds......I had one that my doc neglected for three weeks, and I am 33 weeks...or so. It can later on in a preg cause preterm labor issues, so good thing you are getting it taken care of now. :) Feel better soon!!
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 11:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had onw when i was pregnant. But they never put me on any meds. They just told me to drink more water and cranberry juice and less tea and cokes. Within day the pain of it was gone and at my next visit my levels were completely normal.
    Anonymous