What changes should I expect for myself now that my oldest is starting middle school this fall?

I know things will be a lot different for her, lockers, etc. But what about me as a parent. I know I won't be as welcomed to have lunch with her and she will have more teachers for me to get to know. What else?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in

• Middle school? Wow, good luck mama. It is a WHOLE NEW WORLD.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 8:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You won't get a back to school supply list, you will have to send her with a notebook and pencils the first day so she can write down everything she needs for each class, and it will be harder to get the supplies because at that point the stores will be sold out of most of the sale items. Each teacher will think they are the only one she has so expect to have to get a lot of supplies for the picky ones. Homework is the same - be prepared for more of it. It really is a whole new world, and with the big change at school expect big emotional changes. Good luck!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:56 AM on Jul. 11, 2011