Monster Truck Jam

My son is CRAZY about monster trucks. I mean crazy about them. His daddy and I were thinking about taking him to see Monster Jam and when we got to looking, it'll be with two hours of us ON my son's 4th birthday.

Question, has anybody here been to Monster Jam? Have you taken a small child to monster jam?

We are already planning on having ear plugs or something to help protect his ears (big trucks+inside= lots of noise!)

Thoughts?

SouthernMama08

Asked by SouthernMama08 at 8:56 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hubby & I go a lot and it is very fun. Kids have a great time! He could even get a helmet from the driver.
    Get there early to go down to the pit where he can see the trucks up close along with meeting the drivers. So bring stuff for autographs if you'd like.
    They sell ear plugs there (monster jam gear) they are really cool and the kids are more than willing to ear them. The sides have big o tires on them.
    He'll have a blast and mention that it's his bday too! =)
    have a blast and i hope he has a great 4th birthday!
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 9:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• It is fun, can be dirty, and VERY VERY loud....he will love it!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 8:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• we took our kids at 4 and 8 and my 4 year old was so scared she refused to go back in there until the trucks were gone and the 4 wheelers and dirtbikes started she loved those. the tire earmuffs are $20+ so I'd bring my own. He will need them cause it's so loud you can feel the vibration through your body
    gonefishin

Answer by gonefishin at 9:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• As a child, I was taken at 11 YO.

I'm divorced and my exhusband is into the car shows, motorcycle/ dirt bike races, monster jams, etc... We have a daughter together who is now 6, and he has taken her to the monster jam a couple of times (her first time, she was 4) I believe he got shooting range ear protection for her. She is sensitive to loud noises (fireworks used to scare her BADLY) and I believe they did the trick. He found them at Academy.
    mish1153

Answer by mish1153 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• my son loves monster trucks and i took him for the 1st time last year, i bring ear plugs and a stuffed animal he brings Marty the zebra from Madagascar as a security item so he can hold it. Its the size of his 2 hands together something small he can hold and be ok.
    JacobsMommy1107

Answer by JacobsMommy1107 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Don't get ear plug that go in their ears, kids never leave them in, use those muffs that go over the ears. We took our 4 yr old and he loved it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My 3y/o nad 6y/o went last year. They loved it! They had such a great time. No ear plugs but we take them to the race track most of the summer so they are used to the loudness of it.
    HappyMomma2832

Answer by HappyMomma2832 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Wow...thanks ladies. I feel much more comfortable buying those tickets now! This is gonna be one awesome birthday!
    SouthernMama08

Comment by SouthernMama08 (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2011