Kinda a s/o from another question about school supplies!!

Judging by the back to school list should I start stocking up on supplies now?? My kids are 3,2, and 10 months LOL!! I might on crayons and pencils and what not LOL

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• well, they're starting to bring out the supplies at target but the really great sales don't start until closer to school time ;)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• They just brought out the school supplies today. My DS is going into spreschools, but I don't have any supply lists for him. I assume he will get a list.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My daughters last day of school was June 14. She came home with a list of school supplies for the third grade. Ya.........its a long one. Not only does it have a specific list of what should be in there own personal school box (everything from washable markers to low odor dry erase markers) but there is also a long list of classroom sharing items.......kleenex, ziplock bags, highlighters, pencils etc. Adding it all up your talking about 100 bucks which may be doable for one child but what about people who have several elementary school students lol. Yup start stocking up now........its going to be expensive for you!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Get a storage unit and stock up. The lists are big that is for sure.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• lol after reading that list I'd say, lol. some of those things were just sad that they aren't budgeted for. The very least the school could do is a donation drop off for such supplies at the end of the school year for each classroom to help out for the next year.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I say yes start stocking up now. And with them being so young you know you will use some of it before they go to school. My daughter starts kindergarten this year. Last year I stocked up on a bunch of stuff at Targets 50% and 75% off sales. I got markers and crayons for between .25 and .50. I do love the sales.The schools do change the list a lil each year but you know you will always need markers and lose paper and stuff like like that. I even have stuff stocked up that my older sister is coming over soon to go thru my bucket to get half of the stuff my nephew needs for 3grade. She usually spends $100 for one year. But with my stockpile of school supplies she will only spend about $40 this year.
    belise

Answer by belise at 11:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'd wait until right around the time school starts or right after and stock up on crayons, makers and colored pencils for sure. Crayons I'm sure you could always use with toddlers/preschoolers. At target they drop to .20 for a pack of 24 crayons. A pack of 10 spiral notebooks is like .30 or something. We stocked up on those even before the kids needed spiral notebooks at school (got both regular ruled and college). I have a box in the garage with extra pencils, crayons (like 8 boxes), markers, erasers, glue sticks, etc. But I have 4 kids in school this coming fall so I know it will be needed.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• well i got the list for my 2 kids and it's full even one is kindeergaten and the other is 2nd grade . But i think i have to look for good deals .......thy will start in 8/8 so time is running .does anyone know any deals around .Thanks i will appreciate it .
    ckjishak

Answer by ckjishak at 2:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2011