How likely is it that I'm pregnant?

My period was late so I took a home pregnancy test that was negative. My period still didn't come for almost another week so I took another pregnancy test that was also negative. I still haven't gotten my period and the usual impending signs that I get beforehand are hardly there. Plus, I'm tired all the time.

Goebbert

Asked by Goebbert at 9:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You should go to the doctors, your period may gave stopped for a number of reasons, stress, weightloss ect. The doctor can take a blood sample thats more accurate than a urine sample to see if your pregnant. Good Luck!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i would just go to the ob/gyn because if you are not pregnant there may be another condition causing you to miss your period. on the plus side if you are pregnant and it's not showing up on the test, the dr. will be able to tell by physical exam. gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• False negatives are way more likely than false positives; I had 2 tests a week apart show negative on my last pregnancy. Get to the doctor and find out what's really going on.
    1bluemonkey

Answer by 1bluemonkey at 9:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would go get a blood test then if the urine tests aren't showing high enough levels of the hormone to detect pregnancy. Be aware three are a number of reasons why you could be missing your period besides pregnancy as well... so if the blood test comes back negative talk to your ob/gyn.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:30 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Wait
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Just go to the doctor.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would go to the doc and have a blood test done. with my 2nd pregnancy, I never got a positive home test. the first blood test came back neg and then they had me come back in a week later and test again. I don't know why it happened that way, but I've heard that you can just have such low amounts of hcg in your system.
    brit0813

Answer by brit0813 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• take a trip to the DR.
    lovevlj31

Answer by lovevlj31 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2011