Baby is sick and I have things to do...

I have Christmas shopping to do and my baby has been sick(he's getting over his cold) so I don't want to take him out in the cold weather. I really don't want to wait until five tonight(when SO gets off of work) to go shopping. I feel like I've been rushing before stores close and I want to get it all done ASAP. I've either been sick or working so thats why I haven't shopped much. The thing is, should I feel bad to ask someone to stay with him if they can?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as that person doesn't mind taking care of a sick baby, why not?
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 10:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• well if my child was sick i wouldn't want anyone to be with them but me.i mean they don't feel good they don't know why and the only one that can make them feel better is mom. the shopping would have to wait. my childrens health is more important then a present.my daughter has been sick also and is finally getting over it we have not even started our christmas shopping and i won't until i know she feels better and is well enough and happy enough to be left with her older sister while i go shopping
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I guess I'm not alone. He's pretty much getting over it but exposing him to the air doesn't seem like a good idea.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Not at all as long as it is with someone you trust. It is better to have someone stay with him then to take him out in bad weather. You will also be able to get your running done faster with a child with you. The quicker you are done the quicker your home with your baby. If you have a cell phone keep it close so if they need you they can get a hold of you.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 10:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• If he has no fever and isnt totally miserable then Heck no, get a babysitter and go. You probably could use the break!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Its not even so much the fact that he was sick, its the fact that its been in the teens. If he was healthy, I still wouldn't take him out in it. I also don't want him getting sick again. Another thing is, is if he's been running around shopping, he cries because he either wants food or a nap and its hard. I'd like to get it all done so that way I don't have to use gas for a bunch of round trips.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• how sick is he is he running a temp is he miserable or is it a cold and he is still actin like himself. cuz don't get me wrong i wasn't trying to be rude in my earlier post it is easier to do things without a baby thats why we are waiting til this weekend to do our shopping i am leaving the little one with her sister and i know she will be feeling better by then. if he isnt real bad then yes dear get a sitter and go. go shopping have lunch and enjoy what you can of the crazy shopping at this time of year. .lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• No, he's not running a fever. He started getting sick Monday at midnight so I was stuck at home two days while he was sick. The only chance I had to get out was Monday(whoopie!! to work) and that was when he got off of work. Its only a cold and he's acting himself. He wasn't "really" sick to begin with, just enough to keep him home so he doesn't get worse. I'll put it this way, he's been getting into things, playing in his walker, doing baby stuff so I think he'll be okay. ;-) Its more of the temp outside being in the teens more than anything.

And no, you don't sound rude. :-D
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• That's what happens when you have kids. That's the responsibility you take on as a parent. Why would you want someone else to watch your sick child and expose them to it, possibly getting them sick as well as the people they are around and ruining their holiday as well. You don't get to be selfish when you have children. You put them first and take the good with the bad. If people don't get their Christmas presents in time, so what. Tell them the truth and if they are decent, they will understand your situation.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2008