Amniotic fluid? adult content

How do you know if your water breaks? iv had cousins who didnt know because they always thought they were just peeing, and since i have that same problem they freaked me out how am i supposed to know if my water breaks? i keep getting these kinda sharp pains very very low they make me bend over but then im ok and the doc aid shethinks i should b due anyday now, so how do i know when it breaks if it does? and i havent been having sex but what if mmy water breaks and i dont know and then i have sex what happens thewn is that bad it sounds bad and disgusting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• well if your water breaks you should not have sex....that could cause an infection. i would just keep track of contractions. usually you will know when your water breaks bc you will have wet panties at the very least
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• When my water broke, I also thought it was pee at first - what made me think it might not be was when I stood up, a small amount trickled down my leg with no effort - I couldn't even try to hold it back - and it didn't smell like urine. I went to the doctors and they do some kind of test to let you know if your water broke.
    Telephus44

Answer by Telephus44 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Not everyone can tell right away.
    But if you are leaking continuously, even a tiny dribble, smell to see if it's like urine.
    Some of us have to gush for days and weeks until labor starts, some of us birth our babies in the sac intact~
    There are all sorts of amounts of leaks (dibble, gushers), and also high, low leaks.
    Sometimes the tear will reseal or it's just through one layer adding to the confusion.

If you truly suspect a leak then keep track of amount suspected, color, odor, fever, and of course your gestation as well as fetal position if known. Avoid anything inside (especially gloved hands to "check").
    Water breaking & labor don't always go together so you might have to wait a long while, have pads & towels handy!
    ;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• With my daughter I had went to the bathroom, put on my night gown, grabbed my book and went to sit on the couch. As soon as I sat I felt like I had peed my pants and my first thought was "I could have swore I wiped". I decided to go to L&D. I felt that and I just guessed my water broke. But after that first initial feeling there wasnt anything else. I didnt leak or anything. My panties were 100% dry when I got to the hospital and I lived about 45 minutes away. So if you think that it has broken call your doctor or go to L&D to get checked out. Its better to be safe than sorry.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2011