What would you say about this. My sister

ok so my dd got a new barbie house from a yardsale over the weekend. Well she is so worried about someone breaking it because I told her that she needed to take care of it and fold it up everytime she isn't playing with it and put it in the closet so that it doesn't get broke. It is plastic. Well she has even told her dad and I not to break it. Well yesterday her Uncle comes over and she told him to look she got a new barbie house. And then she told him becareful not to break it. Well then she was saying when (name) comes over I have to put it in the closet so he doesn't break it (he is bad and actually probably would break it and I think she knows that and that is why she said that. He will be 3 and doesn't get disipline so therefore he doesn't listen) anyway, when she said that I yelled at her for it because I new my brother in law would go back and tell my sister. Then my 3 year old said the same thing and I told her to be quiet. Well, my sister wrote me on facebook sometime last night I got this morning and she asked why I told my dd that her son will break her barbie house. I told her I didn't say that she is the one that said it and I said something to her for that. So she said I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore cause they wont be coming over much anymore anyway then she had the nerve to ask if her son could still have his birthday party over here at my house which his party would be next saturday. Would you still allow it or would you tell her no because of the message you got?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Your sister was fair to ask. Your dd had to hear that somewhere from someone about her ds. I think you and your sister need to talk through this little spat before you have party and cause more unnecessary drama.

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• So she's not willing to accept her kid can be destructive?
    Sounds like she just threw a temper tantrum. let it lie for awhile and then have a talk with her and then you can decide on the birthday issue

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'd allow it. People may get upset but they get over it and will appologize in a little bit after they cool down. Life is too short to be upset. Remember if you two have beef it's not y'alls party it's for the kids. So be happy for the kids and let them have fun. you two will make up maybe even during the set up of the party! ((hugs))
    Good luck!
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 9:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't have told my daughter not to be quiet. When any children come to visit, we always put away our favorite toys. They are not for sharing, they are special. It reduces fighting among the kids and possesiveness. Then when they play, everyone is willing to share the available toys.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• There's no drama like family drama! I would still allow the party because there is no reason to punish the son for his mother's lack of class or tact.
    1bluemonkey

Answer by 1bluemonkey at 9:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would allow it and maybe try to find some time to talk face to face and smooth things over.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• These are really petty things to be causing this much family drama. You should not have yelled at your daughter for having expressed an honest concern and one that seems to be based on fact to boot. You can do whatever you want about the party. If you already told her she could have it at your house, then the wise thing to do would probably be to go ahead with the plan. But you all need to learn to be honest with each other. You can start by telling your sister that you have apologized to your child for yelling at her for speaking the truth and that all of her toys will be secured before party time.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• she didn't ask though she was like why did you tell (name) that she had to put her barbie house away when (name) came over. She was like (name) doesn't break the girls stuff. Then she said but thats ok you wont have to worry about it cause we wont be coming over much anymore. Then she wa slike can I still have (name) birthday party over there since I already told everyone that was where I am having it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• No matter how you put it the whole thing sounds petty.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think you shouldnt worry about it too much and you did the right thing about telling your daughter to take care of her stuff and even if you did told her to specially take care of it in front of your sisters son! my lil sister has her toys and my lil nephew always comes and he likes to get em throw em in the floor step on em and break things her mom wont say a word to him or my brother I dont think its fair. Kids are kids but theres a limit and i dont like my lil nephew breaking stuff! so i think you right and if you sister upset about it then let her get over it. and explain her why without getting mad or being mean! thats my opinion not cuz you tell your daughter to take care of her stuff or not to let someone break it means your being mean to your sister or her son!
    jess410

Answer by jess410 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2011