Past my due date! dont know if i made the right decision!?

When i fist went to my check ups and everything my due date was supposed to be n the 14th of july! but when they did the ultrasound they said the 7th! last friday doctor checked and i was already 3cm. I have pain but its not that bad for me to go to ER. Today they were gonna induce me at 7 am. but doc told me if they do that it will probably take longer and be more painful! all i want is the baby to come out on his own and natural. I decided 2 more days! doctor said it was fine to wait few days but if in two days i didnt started on my own he was gonna induce me wed. My boyfriend got all mad so did his mom. I dont think im being selfish all i want is to have the baby natural without any medicine drugs. wish he would understand that. but at the same idk now if i made the right decision?

jess410

Asked by jess410 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I decided to wait 2 days
    jess410

Comment by jess410 (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• If your doctor was okay with you waiting, then it was the right decision for you. If you're already at 3 cm and in some pain, your body is getting ready for labor, already. What they would do at the hospital wouldn't be so much an inducement as an augmentation. It's not that bad, really, but try to hold off on getting connected to wires as much as you can so you can walk around and sit on an exercise ball to help things along. Sometimes it helps to stay standing and just lean forward and rest your elbows on the bed during a contraction.
    1bluemonkey

Answer by 1bluemonkey at 9:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• umm you deffantly did i was enduced with my dd and i hope to god i do not have to go threw that again. with this one...i didnt have a choice i had soo many complications and wat pushed my doc to do an induction at 38wks was my high bp..it was not fun at all ..i was soo sick from all the meds i was on it wasnt even funny i was threwing up water bc you cant eat after they start the poticin and i thought you couldnt eat once they startd hoocking you up..i started crying when they said that....i thought i was dieing when the potcin kickd in it hurt soo bad.....i would wait if i had the choice too. also id like to put that being enduced actually only makes things take a lil longer just by a few hours....and just bc it was like this for me doesnt mean it will be for you.....go to americanpregancys.org they have alot of good info.................goodluck to you!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I had to be induced and I'm glad I did my baby was already 10 pounds - if he grew any more it would have just been even more painful!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I had my baby last week & I was induced. It was a pleasure. If the baby is in the right position, cervix dialated & ready to go then it is the way to go. Contrations come on fast & hard but once you have the epidural, It's a breeze. I was in labor for 4 hours but had no real pain after the epidural. I pushed 5-6 times & the baby was born. I requested an induction since I also had one with my first & it was just as easy. I cannot imagine contractions with no epidural, the pain would be too much for me. Whatever you choose, it's your choice but don't be afraid to ask for what you need (epidural) if you need it. Good luck & best wishes!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I got induced with my baby and totally regret it. You miss out on the going into labor experience. At least that was my experience. Also it didnt really HURT that much at all! I was fine even with the contractions coming at 2mins apart. It wasnt until my water broke that all hell broke loose, but I also didnt have the epidural yet. If you get induced please get the epidural! lol
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yeah you are doing the right thing. I had to be induced with my son because of preclampsia and it was a mofo. It hurt like a mofo and to make things worse the meds for pain ran out when it was time for me to push and i felt my little boy rip me apart!
    noteven1nce

Answer by noteven1nce at 10:58 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• "Right" to some people will mean something else to others.

This is not safer & healthier for you and your baby.
    If health and safety are your priority then avoid unnecessary interventions ( = unnecessary risks).

The due date is only the MID-point within the average (estimated) due period (38-42 weeks)>

And if you're a first-time mom the average is 41 weeks, 1 day.

That means you are still well within the norm.

If you don't want to induce then do not do it.
    All YOUR choice, this is completely optional.
    Your doctor's suggestions are only a suggestion.
    Ask for Informed Consent of you want him to make it clearer & easier for you~

You have Rights and should enjoy a safer, happier experience!!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• If the doctor has no problem with you waiting a few more days then I wouldnt worry about it. If baby is doing fine and there is no reason for you to be induced then dont worry about it. With my daughter my due date came and went. My doctor scheduled me to be induced exactly 1 and a half weeks after my due date but daughter had other plans lol. She decided to come on her own a week after my due date. Just because your due date changed to an earlier day does not mean that its 100% accurate. I would just explain to them that you wanted to give baby a chance to come on his/her own first because its better for baby and for you.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• :) you would have been due on my bday :) the 14th
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2011