Please Help: My DD2 cries and screams when I put her to bed

Ok, so it's not the first time she's done this. It's happened a lot of time before, but I have always been able to fix the problem by letting cry herself to sleep a couple of night and she starts sleeping in her bed normally again. However, lately, when I put her down to sleep in her bed, she cries non stop for more than 1 hour. She screams at the top of her lungs. I have had to let her cry for more than 1 hour before, when she was very little and getting used to the new house and her own room, but this is insane!
I get up at 4:30 AM to be able to go to work and get back to my house on time to pick her up from daycare at 5. (My DH stays with her in the morning and drops her off at daycare at 8:30) I can't afford to go to bed much later than 10 pm and I cannot sleep through her screaming, especially if she's screaming for me.
Someone please help me. She was doing so good and vacations got her messed up.

Dalimonster

Asked by Dalimonster at 9:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it may be the age. my DS went through the same phase, sometimes he still does. If it is just a schedule change due to vacation then it should pass when she gets back into the swing of things.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011