How soon did you tell your boss you werent coming back to work?

i gotta figure out when to say my last day is going to be , i dont plan on returning back to work after having my baby

jenn660

Asked by jenn660 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• I told my boss when I was 4-5 months pregnant and couldn't hide it anymore. She offered to let me bring him in and set up a swing/playpen in my office. I declined, but it was that kind of office so I was very comfortable talking to her about it.

Answer by missanc at 9:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i am just recently deciding now that it doesnt make sense i have been contimplating it for like a month now, my coworkers know , my boss might have an idea. but i need to tell them offically soon , but i dont know what if i give a two week notice right before my due date , but what happens if i go early> or should i just plan it so i will have like a week before my due date off just incase. i am not returning back to work, b/c it doesnt make sense for me to work just to pay daycare. my daycare cost. i will have 30 left in my pocket after just paying daycare..
    jenn660

Comment by jenn660 (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• well yeah my bank manager has 6 kids but it still feels like she has no sympathy my son was sick and i had no one to watch him so i was out of work for almost a week, and when i came back on friday, and then his father called and said he was going from the doctors to the er , she gave me a hard time about leaving ..
    jenn660

Comment by jenn660 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I told my boss I was pregnant right away. I figured out that I would stop working 3wks before my due date and gave my notice the month before that.
    I would give your notice so you stop working around your 38wk and you can do that when ever you want, it doesnt have to be just 2wks. If you happen to go earlier (into labor) then thats not something you can plan at all, and you had given your boss more then enough notice even though it didnt work out as planned.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• OH my boss already knows im pregnanat, just not that i might not be coming back , i am 33 weeks now
    jenn660

Comment by jenn660 (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• If your coworkers already know you need to talk to your boss very soon. Tell your boss the reason you are choosing to leave permanently and that your lasy day will be_____________ . More than 2 weeks notice will be appreciated, especially if your position is difficult to fill.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• tell em a wk or two before u have to go back to work. what they don't know won't hurt em!
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• ok so im thinking , i go to the doctors next week, on july 20th i will see what the doctor says about keeping me in work or taking me out and then i will tell my boss when my last day will be
    jenn660

Comment by jenn660 (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You tell your employer now, so a replacement can be hired and trained.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I agree with PP
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011