Beauty Rituals

Ever since I had my son, it seems like I have let myself go. I find myself sitting there, not showered, still in my PJs at like noon every day. I am a stay at home mom and take online classes. I just feel like I never have time for myself anymore. BTW my son is 3 months old. Now, before I had him, I was always doing my make up and hair and everything else. Now I just don't do it unless I have to go out with my husband. I feel the need to get back into the groove of things. I feel dirty and ugly all the time. Some words of advice, support?!

aserran4

Asked by aserran4 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• well, if you let yourself go now, and if you get used to it, you probably wont ever start taking extra care of yourself. taking care of yourself would help you not feel yuck, and exercise will do the trick.
    moms need some TLC too. =D
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 2:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• always get up early and shower and put on make-up even if you don't plan on leaving the house. it will make you feel better and thats what its for anyway, not anyone else. sleeping in and not cleaning up just leaves you depressed.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 5:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I split it up a bit. Before I go to bed at night I take a shower, so I'm at least clean in my PJs if I'm in them til noon. I actually make myself up almost every day...but its quite the process. I straighten my hair in sections, so I'll plug in the curling iron and do a section at a time in between loads of laundry or dishes or something...yes, I walk around with clips all over my head and sections of hair hanging everywhere. Doing my make-up is literally a 3 minute or less process, so I do that all at once. foundation, powder, lipstick and mascara. Eventually I make my way into real clothes...but usually not til I leave the house. Wow...I'm lame. Maybe nobody should take my advice on this one...lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• just do it! how long does it take to shower? so you can't spend 2 hrs getting ready anymore..you can trim it down, or do it in increments. the point is, if you know what the problem is(not looking good for yourself anymore), you can see the solution(do it!) and make time for such.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Your making it into a chore, dont! jump up in the a.m. drink your coffee, get everyone fed, off to work &/or back to sleep. I used to take the kids in their car seat into the bath with me, as they got older & could sit in the tub, i got a clear shower curtain that is fogged in the middle for privacy & while they played in the tub, i took a quick shower...i could still see them & didnt take my eyes off them so we all go a bath. it was fun. we got dressed & finished the day. Put your make up on, it makes you feel pretty & your hubby will love you for it as well, and your day will be more fulfilling. silly how one little thing can make all the difference in how we feel bout our world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Its had getting back into it when you have a new baby in the house. I felt like that too when I had dd. I work part time though, so it was easy for me to feel better just getting up and getting ready for work when I went back after 2 months. When I am home with dd, I still like to put make-up on and do my hair- it does make me feel better if I do it. Now that dd is 3, I am a little more laid back and feel okay if I don't do anything to myself on a saturday or something. But in the beginning, it was quite a struggle to even get myself to shower. So just take it in steps, and soon enough you'll be back to it in no time.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i know exacly how you feel i was the same way mostly because i was trying to fugure out how to function with a baby i didnt know what to do because i was all alone mostly and didnt want to be more than 5 feet from my baby. i didnt get my act together untill a couple months ago sadly mostly because my husband (soon to be ex) was holding me back but when i found out he was cheating on me and had a girlfriend that he told he was single and didnt have a daughter (what an asshloe he needs to die) i became a single mom just like that and it was a huge slap in the face but im getting my act together fast i was a single mom my husband never let me leave the house so i didnt dress up or put on makup and i gained weight but now im working on my appearence but i suggest now is the time to start getting your life right
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 5:33 AM on Dec. 26, 2008