When does the baby start to move

I feel this weird kick or hiccups in my belly. I'm not sure what is what. I think i was 18 weeks when I felt it.
Anyone else know when their felt their baby kick? Lately I don't feel much. Is this normal?

Sonic78

Asked by Sonic78 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i first felt movement at 19 weeks :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 10:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• this is my second baby i will be having in a few weeks and i think i felt him move around 15 or 16 weeks
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• each pregnancy is different, sometimes you start to feel the "flutter" as early as 14 weeks, sometimes not until later.. if you are concerned about movement ask your doctor about kick counts and how to and when to start them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i felt flutters at 11 weeks but felt actual movements and kicks at 15 weeks
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• babies in the womb are just like people outside the womb-they have their own way of doing things- some are more active than others. when my kids first started to move it felt like gas, and i actaully got to where id wait and see if it was soon followed by or if nothng happened, as they got older the kicks became much more noticable -infact one nigh tmy son kicked so hard i swear the other teacher in my room poked me! lol and hickups are soo much fun to feel and to me always tickled-my daughter would have them after everytime i drank or ate something but my son doesnt really have them he just kicks ALOT, the hickups are like quick quivers in the tummy with a rythem, and of corse kicking can be different too ..
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2011