Ever have to deal with that...

ridiculously annoying person at work? You know the one I am talking about, the one that NEVER shuts up and thinks that everyone is just in love with them, when really everyone finds them quite annoying. We had someone just transfer here and she is just so.....I was doing a test on the computer and she knew I was trying to concentrate but she was right in my ear talking about crap that I could careless about the entire time! I failed the test 3 times because I could not focus. She also thinks we are "buddies" and that she can grab my shoulder when I am in a bad mood. Um hello I have only just met you, please don't touch me! The worst of it was that this weekend she was my "Shadow" so I was stuck in a tiny little doctors office with her loud annoying attitude for 8 hours! I had to make up excuses just to leave that room. I am a fairly quite person, though I can be talkative with people I have known for awhile, but I tend to like to do my work in peace. I don't care if I occasionally get interrupted with stories or questions, but she is just nonstop in everyone's ear all day. On top of that during the month, when we aren't working she texting me all time, stuff that she should easily be able to figure out on her own. She is married her husband is gone alot and she doesn't have an outside job right now, and I get that, but my husband isn't gone all that much, and I have a baby, I can't spend 24 hours a day texting her because she can't figure things out on her own. She is on orders for a week to do extra stuff at work, and I just KNOW that I will be getting calls and texts the whole time she there! Who else has to deal with people like this at work? Ya know, the ones that make you want to rip your hair out?

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 10:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• What kind of phone do you have? Can you set it up so that when she calls it doesn't ring and when she texts you it doesn't beep? If you ignore her while you are not at work, she might get the picture.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 10:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• yes we've all had our share of that in life.....i'm sure if you put her on reget for a couple hours she'll get the hint...as for touching you ...tell her you dont like it....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I have one of my coworkers who I do respect and like, but some really annoying habits..........talking with food in her mouth, ALWAYS on phone wherever she is, and when she takes a computer test.........we all get to hear it...she reads every word, and answer out loud.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• ME ME...OHHH MEEE!! seems like every sales guy that we have that comes through is annoying...maybe not like that, but good grief I dunno what it is with those men.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I have several really effing annoying people at work. My trick is to wear ear buds and not make eye contact. They think I'm listening to music (whether I really am or not) and leave me alone.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• 1smartcookie, if I could wear ear buds, I would, but I have to be able to hear the doctor and the patients, and all of my superiors. I am in the Air Guard and I work in the clinic. My job is to hear everyone, unfortunately!
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• No, thank goodness...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2011