Please Help: My DD2 cries non stop when I put her to bed

Ok, so it's not the first time she's done this. It's happened a lot of time before, but I have always been able to fix the problem by letting cry herself to sleep a couple of night and she starts sleeping in her bed normally again. However, lately, when I put her down to sleep in her bed, she cries non stop for more than 1 hour. She screams at the top of her lungs. I have had to let her cry for more than 1 hour before, when she was very little and getting used to the new house and her own room, but this is insane!
I get up at 4:30 AM to be able to go to work and get back to my house on time to pick her up from daycare at 5. (My DH stays with her in the morning and drops her off at daycare at 8:30) I can't afford to go to bed much later than 10 pm and I cannot sleep through her screaming, especially if she's screaming for me.
Someone please help me. She was doing so good and vacations got her messed up.

Dalimonster

Asked by Dalimonster at 10:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe get her a sleeping buddy to comfort her during the night.....take her to the store and let her pick out a stuffed toy or soft doll that she can cuddle with at bed time
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Thanks cara. She has a lot of stuffed animals to pick from at bed time. Her favorite is a pink bunny, but she picks a monkey of bear some times. It's not helping lately. She just wants to take them and her blanket and come sit on the couch with me or go to my bed to sleep. I tried telling her that her buddies belonged in her bed with her and if she was leaving her bed she would have to leave them too, it backfired on me, she left them behind. :-(
    Dalimonster

Comment by Dalimonster (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• the best solution I have ever found, and I have 4 kids with the oldest being 16, is to lay them in my bed, til they are fast asleep and content,THEN pack them to thier own bed. :) It is whatever it takes to get us through it and by the time they are around 7 they are just jumping up and going to thier beds and sleeping alone completely, but I just comfort them until that time. And its truly not that big of a deal, kwim... they sleep and you sleep. :) they just "think" they slept w/ mommy all night. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I didnt mention this in the other post on the other question, but try letting her fall asleep in your bed and then move her to yours.
    baquick

Answer by baquick at 3:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2011