I just hate this fashion (pic). Am I alone on this?

I don't get the attraction at all. Earlier I called across to our neighbour, "Nice undies". He looked very embarrassed. Why? Surely he knew his knickers were well on show (jeans' belt under his butt cheeks) What I felt like saying was, "Why don't you just take those jeans off. They must be a pig to keep up. YOu'll be more comfortable and won't look such a nelly". What is the point of having your underwear so on show. Why wear jeans at all? Just the undies would do when things have gone this far. Yukky.

Womamhood

Asked by Womamhood at 10:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You are not alone. It is so annoying.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• LMAO in the major city near us you can get a FINE for that!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:21 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think the fashion started by showing a bit of the underwear. kids used to put shorts or boxers on and have about 2 inches of them show. Somehow it deteriorated to this disgusting fashion. I don't understand it either. When it started it was not so bad. It was like an accessory almost. I actually remember owning a pair of jeans that mimicked the style. But again, the underpants showed about 2 inches at the most. I feel like going over to them and pulling on their pants to see if they'll fall. I did it to my brother once to prove my point. He stopped weird it.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 10:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• This is the one fashion I'm surprised has hung on this long. It's sickening!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• It doesnt bother me so much if they wanna wear it and look awkward let them lol
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 10:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• nope ....i hate this and will never NEVER let my son do it even when he's an adult....you want to be around me pull up your pants.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• It is so annoying!! And the funny thing is to watch them walk, and try to keep their pants up!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• clappingTHANK YOU!!!!  When I see this, I can't decide if I want to run over and yank their pants up so high they have a wedgie, or yank them down and say, there - the job is done, now move on!

Personally, I think it makes guys look like oompa loompas who were running out of a bathroom with their pants part way down...

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I hate it and often wonder how they hell they keep the pants in place! its like magic
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• In some areas this fad is beginning to wane. Someone posted here that once the school prinicipal told the students one of the reasons that type of dress started and what it represented they stopped IMMEDIATELY. I think every school should post that information.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2011