I want to go into labor! How do i induce myself?

I will be 39weeks on wednesday and I am soooooooooooo miserable. My feet stay swollen all day and it hurts to walk. I cannot function at all. I try to walk but it's always over 105 degrees so I just get exhausted after 10 min. Even when I lay down, it takes me a while to position myself to get up because I'm having back problems now. Ugh...

So... has anyone found a way that works to induce yourself?

noteven1nce

Asked by noteven1nce at 10:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Why not spend your time-energy to work to become more comfortable so that you don't have to add unnecessary risks to your baby/yourself?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'm in the same boat you are. I've tried walking and sex. Nothing has happened. But they will only work if your body is ready anyway. I havent tried any of the other things. I've heard that fruits like kiwi, mango and pineapple are suppose to help but I dont know if its true and nipple stimulation. Wish I could of more help. Good luck
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Trust me hon, I understand completely!!  But unless your body is ready for labor, anything you do or try (except sex) will make you more miserable.  Best of luck

Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You don't. The baby will come when it is ready to come, not when you force it to come. I feel for you because I was 2 weeks past my due date and it was 96 degrees and humid as hell when I finally went into labor. Spend the time trying to relax. AC and a fan blowing on you, cool showers, elevate your feet, drinks lots of water.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• SOOOO not worth it, mama. Just relax, and take comfort measures. Don't try to force baby out.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You don't. Baby will not come before it is ready. Anyone who claims to have self induced with anything, in reality just had a happy coincidence. NOTHING will work if your body is not ready in the first place.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2011