I want to go into labor! How do i induce myself?

I will be 39weeks on wednesday and I am soooooooooooo miserable. My feet stay swollen all day and it hurts to walk. I cannot function at all. I try to walk but it's always over 105 degrees so I just get exhausted after 10 min. Even when I lay down, it takes me a while to position myself to get up because I'm having back problems now. Ugh...

So... has anyone found a way that works to induce yourself?

Asked by noteven1nce at 10:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Why not spend your time-energy to work to become more comfortable so that you don't have to add unnecessary risks to your baby/yourself?

Answer by doulala at 10:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'm in the same boat you are. I've tried walking and sex. Nothing has happened. But they will only work if your body is ready anyway. I havent tried any of the other things. I've heard that fruits like kiwi, mango and pineapple are suppose to help but I dont know if its true and nipple stimulation. Wish I could of more help. Good luck

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Trust me hon, I understand completely!!  But unless your body is ready for labor, anything you do or try (except sex) will make you more miserable.  Best of luck

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You don't. The baby will come when it is ready to come, not when you force it to come. I feel for you because I was 2 weeks past my due date and it was 96 degrees and humid as hell when I finally went into labor. Spend the time trying to relax. AC and a fan blowing on you, cool showers, elevate your feet, drinks lots of water.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• SOOOO not worth it, mama. Just relax, and take comfort measures. Don't try to force baby out.

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You don't. Baby will not come before it is ready. Anyone who claims to have self induced with anything, in reality just had a happy coincidence. NOTHING will work if your body is not ready in the first place.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2011