If you think that your child has had an allergic reaction

He has a history of allergy issues most of which he has outgrown, but we had an issue last night at the dinner table no wheezing or anything emergency just a lot of forceful vomiting. We don't really have a number to call his doctor directly only really a way to leave a message with the nurse and that's mostly for medication refills.

I guess my question is do we report this somehow(the only way really would be to make an appointment and he's not still vomiting) or just keep soy out of his diet until his normal 12 months appointment on the first?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 11:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• They say vomitting is not a sure sign of an allergy. I'd mention this to your ped. at his appointment and keep it out of his diet. It might have been that he was getting a small bug..
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'd call your ped. My daughter use to vomit everytime we fed her strained carrots. She loves them now.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• If I had just a normal number to call I would but it's make an appointment or wait.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• From personal experience - we called the doc to mention it (they wrote it in his records) kept the culprit food out of the diet til the next scheduled appointment to talk about it in depth.
    Anonymous