How is this possible? Your thoughts

This morning I had to go to the courthouse and was promptly informed by the deputy at the door that cell phones, purses and handbags were no longer allowed in the building and if I didn't want to voluntarily return them to my car I would be searched and the items would be confiscated. But a man can bring his wallet into the building. Security is being used as the excuse or reason for this and as long as I can carry in my two hands what I need to conduct business in the courthouse I can bring the items in I just can't carry them in a bag. But a man can have a wallet not searched for any reason. Does this make no sense to you like it makes absolutely no sense to me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I am for safety. No biggie to me. Just carry a wallet in your hands.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Don't they have the scanners?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Remember that supposedly normal women carry cute little guns in their purses.

Happiness is a warm gun, Bang, Bang, Shoot, Shoot.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I don't know that the courthouse was much different where I live now or where I used to live. A friend of mine had to go to court for something having to do with her STBX and while she could bring her phone in, it had to be turned off. I don't recall her saying that she could bring a purse, but come to think of it she really only carries a coin / card satchel so that's sort of like her wallet.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'm a pretty light traveler...i leave my purse in the car anyways whenever i can. If i need my i.d. or credit card they can easily fit into my pocket. It's a non-issue for me.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Because this Admin. is loyal to their Anti-American rules of political correctness, "we the people" are being profiled instead of the people, who should be... Isn't it great that so many jobs have been created just to make us feel uncomfortable and sometimes violated, under the guise of protecting us...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• So I am supposed to hand carry my EpiPen and tampon too? What about those needing Depends? I think it is ridiculous.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• If they Are doing that, I hope they have metal detectors and pat downs too. I have never ever seen security go through a wallet of anyone.... I think they don't want to be accused of using power to steal money or info.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Well they have epi-pens there...they have to. And hopefully you would have changed your tampon before going in & they have ''sanitary stations'' in the restrooms.

It's a lot easier to hide a knife or gun in a purse than it is to hide them in a wallet.

You would think they would have scanners though.

cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Agree with gammie.You could go in naked and next they will cavity search lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2011