7month old baby girl

She doesnt stop fussing. i feel like she is so demanding! She always wants something. she wants held, feed, a cup! she crys if she just sees me walk though the room shes in!? We have tried giving her orajel & that doesnt make a difference. I cant keep up with the need for constant attention & she never use to be like this just started about a few weeks ago.

jennifer_oakley

Asked by jennifer_oakley at 11:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you ever just let her cry it out. she seems a lil spoiled. every time she makes a peep you answer to her call. what i would do is if i know shes good..fed, clean diaper, not tired..i would just put her in the swing, playpen, or bouncy thing or walker and just let her be. if she cried try to ignore her. she needs to learn to self sooth. this takes alot of patients to deal with the crying but eventually she will realize that mommy is not at her every beckon call and figure out ways to entertain herself. of course if she continues to cry for a long period of time then go to her of if her cry turned into an extreme panicked cry. but if shes just wailing to wail..the let her cry on. GL
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 11:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• This sounds quite like Learned Helplessness. Have a good think about which habits you can tolerate, which you need to stop or slow right down and which are real needs. ie: pick your battles thoughtfully and then stick to them. You'll need to be super strong as you already know (babies and toddlers can stand their ground like the best of us. Eeek). But creating reliable responses that suit you and her mutually will bring about the chnages you and she need soon enough. Hang in there Mama! x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 1:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I would let her cry for a little bit as long as you know she is ok. It is hard to do at first, but it will work. At least it did for me with my second dd. I was getting nothing done around the house until I started letting her fuss and eventually it got shorter and shorter times until it was not at all.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:10 AM on Jul. 21, 2011