Has your young daughter ever had a yeast infection?

If so, how did you treat it? My 2 year old daughter seems to be a little uncomfortable and keeps sticking her hand down her diaper. I have a sneaking suspicion that she may have a yeast infection. I will take her to the dr. if need be, but if it's easily treatable with something over the counter that would be great because my co-pays for doctor visits are very high.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no, but she did have a bladder infection that turned into a kidney infection and I didn't even know. She got a fever and was vomitting for a few days. I thought it was a bug and when I took her to the dr. they tested her urnine and I was suprised. So if you suspect something, see if you can just bring a sample in to the dr. office to test.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• monastat is fine to use on kids for diaper rashes.. what i would do is call the pharmacy for advice on dosage do you give her the whole thing mor then likely 1/2 of the adult..but check with the pharmacy first to save you the trip to the doc. when it comes to DS..i always let him see Dr. Mom before going all the way out to the actual dr. if i tthink i can handle it. if its something thats a bit over my area of expertise i will go straigt to his pediatrician.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 11:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• ** monastat is fine for diaper rashes so i dont see why you couldnt use it for a yeast infection on your DD** srry typing at work lost focus
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 12:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• my 15 mo old gets them from time to time, they always prescribe nystatin for her. so I don't know about monostat, but you could always call the pediatric nurses line or the pharmacist.
    brit0813

Answer by brit0813 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2011