For the past two days every time i nurse my son he spits up what it seems like half of it. With no other symptoms and i have no idea as to why?? Does anyone know why this is happening?

eating

mychocolatedrop

Asked by mychocolatedrop at 2:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be acid reflux. I don't have any experience w/ acid reflux though. Try researching it or call the doctor and ask what are other signs of this.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• What have you been eating that might have made the breaskmilk a little off to him? Garlic. peppers? Chocolate? Lots of foods you eat may not agree with the baby. Also to gauge how much he is spitting up.....pump some milk,.... fill a table spoon with it and pour it across a burp rage, just so you can see how much a tablespoon full looks like spread across a towel. It looks like much more than most people realize.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I'd have the baby checked. My grandson had Pyloric Stynosis (sp?) which was a valve malfunction. He had to have surgery but is fine now. Don't freak out and think your child has that but if he keeps doing it I'd call the doctor and have him checked.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2008