Heart rate myths...

We were just at the Dr. this morning and our baby heartrate was 146. I have been told the over 140 is a girl and under 140 is a boy. Is this usually true? I am curious because I have had a "feeling" since we found out that we are having a girl...

SDA722

Asked by SDA722 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hahah yeaaaaaaaah my mom always said that about my twins "one is a boy and one is a girl" and i had that feeling that baby A was a girl thewhole time
    lol nope two boys for me.
    its just a myth, my taders heart rate was over 140 so. I'm going with just a myth
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My sons heart rate was 160 last week. But I guess we'll find out for sure if its actually a boy here soon. I'm due next week.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Well by heart rate alone my first should be a girl and second a boy and that is off on both counts. Heart rate is mainly based on how active they are nothing else. There are a bunch of wive's tales out there. I found a quiz once that asked you abunch of them and then told you what percecntage likelihood you were having boy/girl. My boy I was told was 60% a girl and my girl I was told 70% a boy! LOL
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• LOL, It's still fun even though the heartrate doesn't actually have something to do with the sex!!!!
    SDA722

Comment by SDA722 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Not true both my boys where over 146 and the baby i m preggers with is 130-135 and she is a girl :)
    zackarysmommy

Answer by zackarysmommy at 1:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i heard the opposite higher for a boy and lower for a girl my baby's is higher and i'm having a boy
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• the way it has always been told to me is girls are busy busy all the time so their heart rate is faster and boys are lazy so they are slower. i knew i was having a girl my first time and her heartrate was always fast, but when i got prego with my son i KNEW it was a boy and when i heard his heartrate the second time i notcied it had slowed just a bit{not dangerous or anything} and sure enough a month or two later they comfirmed we are havign a boy :) so i say go with your gut feeling and i think this wise tale is true
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Awww thank you. I know all pregnancies are different but I just feel soooo different this time around than I did seven years ago with my son. I just have the feeling it's a girl but we'll see!!! :)
    SDA722

Comment by SDA722 (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011