How long would you have waited?

I went in at 8 for my yearly appt today. By 8:12, I was in the gown waiting...I was the first appt.
By 8:53, I put on my clothes and walked out...all without seeing a doctor or having a nurse come in.
When I walked out, the receptionist looked shocked. She said that the doc wasn't in yet and wasn't sure if he got stuck at the hospital. (I don't go to a group clinic as I like to have MY doc all the time).
I understand that he may have been delivering but why didn't they tell me when I got there that he hadn't showed up and why didn't they tell me almost an hour later that he still wasn't there? I'm not a SAHM, I have to work and if I don't show up or am later than I say, I can get in trouble.
How long would you have stayed?

Keep in mind that if I was an hour late to the appt, they wouldn't have seen me.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• I would have left around the time you if no one had told me anything as you say. If they had explained something I may have stayed longer, but likely not and I likely would have just rescheduled.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• First off, I'm a sahm, and I wouldnt have had a hour to sit and wait. I work just as hard as you. Anyways....

I would have waited 30 mins, before going out and asking what was going on.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• How frustrating!! They should have told you. First of all it is stressful to have that done...but to leave you sitting there was dumb on their part. I would have waited about as long as you did and then left. I may have educated her a bit too.
    Anonymous

• I have done this a lot of times, office people don't think our time is just as valuable!

Answer by older at 12:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You are fully within your rights...if no one popped in to let you know what was going on, or at least gave you the option to reschedule, then they deserved the walk out. I would've given it about exactly as much time as you did.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I've waited about an hour or longer with two different OB's. I kind of see it as par for the course, as there are a ton of pregant women, and when there is an emergency, well, they should take care of their patient.

They should have popped in and given you a timeline and updates, though . . .even asked if you would like to reschedule.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• "First off, I'm a sahm, and I wouldnt have had a hour to sit and wait. I work just as hard as you" No offense Babybugsmama

I just meant that I could get FIRED from my job where as a SAHM cannot so if they mess with my schedule too much, it can have a drastic impact on my life.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2011