Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get help with daycare?

So I am trying to work more and get my s*&@ straight before another six months go by. At the same time my son has been asking if he can go to school. He keeps asking, wanting to play with other kids. He is smart and quick; a sponge that remembers, recalls and very inquisitive. I think he's ready to be...practically begging to be with other kids. I have been trying to find programs to get into because I cannot pay a whole tuition for day care services. Does anyone know or give me some information? I want to put my son into day care but how do I get into those programs that allows me to pay only a portional part of it; I get some financial aid/relief at the same time?

Answer Question

Asked by Lazarat at 11:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I don't knwo where you live but here in Illinois we have a program called 4-Cs and they help people that qualify pay for daycare. When I was a single mom and going to college full time, and working part time they helped me alot. I think I only had to pay like $40/month for daycare or something crazy cheap like that. I think you can contact your local health department and ask them who you should call.

    Answer by sassyhettel at 2:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • Do you have a "head start" program in your communtiy? Call the local public grade school where he will go and ask them to recomend pre-school for your child. Maybe they can point you in the right direction.

    Answer by salexander at 3:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.