How many of you gave up your "non-kid" friends?

Recently I feel like all my non-kid friends are too busy to visit with us. Most of them I don't really care because they are on a totally different level than I am. Almost all my friends now are kid friends not non-kid friends. Anyone else feel the same?

HappyMomma2832

Asked by HappyMomma2832 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I didn't give them up. They gave me up. A couple of them have since had kids and now want to rekindle the friendship. Imahine that.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I had two of them and weird thing is they both have kids, but they had a different lifestyle full of drama and dating random people and partying... I just stopped talking to them. Things are calm now and I am happy with my decision.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• its not that anyone gave up anyone its just that we where at different places in our lives.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Most of my non-kid friends gave up on me. They don't like to visit unless it is alone time wothout spouses or kids, and that just is not going to happen for me. So, they get offended and leave the friendship. But, my closest friend does not have kids and she is a doll. She is the most easygoing, caring person and visits to visit . . . it doesn't matter to her is I am still being mommy while I see her.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Mine all kind of disappeared when I had kids. We were all on different pages. The majority of my friends now have kids close to my kids' ages. This makes getting together a little easier now though b/c we can just have play dates and everyone's happy :) Also makes for great babysitters if any of us ever need one!
    brit0813

Answer by brit0813 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• They gave up on us. We tried.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yeah, all of my friends stopped calling when they realized I was too busy to go out all of the time. It's really hard to hang out the way young, single girls want to. I'm fine with sitting at home with a movie when the kids fall asleep, but everyone wants to go out and party and I am just too tired for that :)
    siera_lyn

Answer by siera_lyn at 12:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I still have friends that don't have kids.. Ones actually a best friend.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• The ones who didn't understand fell off. But I still have a few non-kid friends who DO understand that kids take time, money, responsibility, etc and are still my friend through it.
    Anonymous