Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get help with daycare?

So I am trying to work more and get my s*&@ straight before another six months go by. At the same time my son has been asking if he can go to school. He keeps asking, wanting to play with other kids. He is smart and quick; a sponge that remembers, recalls and very inquisitive. I think he's ready to be...practically begging to be with other kids. I have been trying to find programs to get into because I cannot pay a whole tuition for day care services. Does anyone know or give me some information? I want to put my son into day care but how do I get into those programs that allows me to pay only a portional part of it; I get some financial aid/relief at the same time?

Answer Question

Asked by Lazarat at 11:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • How old is your son? I know where i live they have head start/ preschool and its free. Also you may try your local welfare office for inforamtion on child care assistance to helf pay for daycare. good luck

    Answer by haileyraesmommy at 11:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • Contact your local social service dept. Also, Head start is a free preschool program for low income families.

    (oh, and just so you know, your question will appear on the main page, so you don't need to post the same question in all the different categories)

    Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • depedfnig on where you live there should be place that helps pay all or part of it, tlak to your county soical services

    Answer by JrsMommy07 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • I went to headstart for free . Some head starts do not charge at all. Maybe try mothers day out or a home daycare,that may save you money too.

    Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • you need to go to socoal service and they will see if you are qualified to receive assistence

    Answer by oracao at 4:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

  • You should goto the social services office in your area, there is also Headstart and PreK they may be at different locations than the social services office but they may be able to tell you where or you can search the internet. I would go for the headstart or the preK first, it's actually school so it's more structured. Good Luck.

    Answer by DarrenJMom at 2:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.