Cops and Robbers, the Tickling Version

So my little 8 year old son Jeremy is a hyper run around kind of kid who loves to be tickled! (He can't get enough of it!) We had some ideas linned up on how to play a tickling game with him, and the one that seems to make sense so far is Cops and Robbers.

We were thinking maybe he could be a bad guy who stole some fake monopoly money or something and we have to chase him around the house to "catch" him. And once he is caught, maybe we tickle him until he tells us where the "stolen property" is.

Hows this sound? We were also thinking of buying one of those plastic police sets with the plastic handcuffs to "capture" him and make it fun for him :) Of course we're going to need family fun ways to keep him still for the interrogation hehe. We have a reclining chair that will be perfet (since his ticklish spot is the bottoms of his feet) that we can use.

Any ideas to help us solidify this game? Including how we can keep him "captured" or any good tickle methods that he might love?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

MinnieMichelle

Asked by MinnieMichelle at 12:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• This is your second question about tickling.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• No this is your 3rd question about tickling. Odd.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• that's because we got answers yesterday and this seems to be the best idea we've had so far :)
    MinnieMichelle

Comment by MinnieMichelle (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• We has some go around between cowboys and indians which people thought might be a little too race sensitive, and this was the one that seemed better. We want to play with with him sometime this week, (now that it's summer he's got ampt up energy all the time!) and we just wanted to make it fun. Haven't you ever done a big set up type game for your kids?
    MinnieMichelle

Comment by MinnieMichelle (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think it is odd to keep focus on tickling with an 8 year old boy... I think once in awhile is on big deal, but I think you should focus on getting him outdoors and stuff, I see that you are new here, and want you to know that this is really an odd question to be so worried about.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• wow! I didn't realize so many people here would have a problem with trying to figure out games :( He does playoutside, all the time (like he is right now with his next door neighbor) Like I said he's a very run around type kid. He likes to play with nerf guns, and water pistols and tag and all of that stuff. This game we were thinking of was just beause he always provokes it. (by no means is it something I am WORRIED about) me and my hubby just thought with the imagination on the internet some other parents might have some good ideas. Part of the cops and robbers game might even take place outside...we figured it would be alot of running around.

Didn't realize we were being overzealous or anything--we got such friendly responses yesterday we figured we'd just fine tune it today. :(
    MinnieMichelle

Comment by MinnieMichelle (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Minnie,, sometimes people come on here in search of moms and their kids,, sometimes weird men come on here,,and we were just trying to establish that you are a real mommy--no offense,,it is our way of being protective!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think what people are recting to is the act of planning out creative ways to tickle with an 8 year old. In that case, it stops being a means of the family "playing" a game, and becomes more about "how do we do more tickling?" While, there is nothing wrong with tickling your child, something seems a little off in planning creative ways to get more tickle time with a child.
    I can't quite grasp it. Why not just plan cops and robbers, but not the tickling? How about just some recreation with no physical goal?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• weird men? Is this not a safe forum to talk on then, kimigogo? (im new here I have no idea how it works!)

And imaginationmamma, the point was the tickling because he always provokes it and can't get enough of it! He always asks for it, or tries to get us to tickle him, then runs away and makes us chase him--so we figured that adding a fun element to the game would just make it more fun (and with rules make it easier on us parents since we can't run as fast or as long as he can!) Wwe were just trying to play a game he likes with him.

This is an entirely different, more judgmental, less friendly tone than yesterday, I am almost shocked at the 180. WIs this the type of world we live in today? I was quite happy to find a place on the internets where love thy neighbor was a factor. :/
    MinnieMichelle

Comment by MinnieMichelle (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Sorry but I still find it odd. Kimigog is right. We have some weird things asked here. We are protective.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2011