I have a story to tell you at work. Any frustrating moments on the job, share....

I work as a server at a Winsteads and being in customer service, you see all kinds of people. Well... There were three girls sitting in a booth. One of the girls said I want a root beer float. I remember hearing it exactly. Then I get her one, and she smirks and says "Oh nevermind, I want rootbeer with vanilla.'' So I get her that all is good. Then this girl orders a burger with everything without pickles(everything on the menu is pickels, mustard, ketchup, and onion so I get her a burger with onions, mustard, and ketchup. She bitches and says, I want everything without pickels, that means lettuce tomate and mayo(those are considered extras as said by the menu). Then I get her that, only this time she bitches that it isn't warm. So she comes up and starts bitching and rambling.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I don't know why, I got her what she ordered. Then one of my coworkers informs her what the menu says everythign is and that lettuce, tomato, and mayo are extras and you have to request them. Then she says "Oh I didn't know that" But in a smartass way, then she goes to her table and cackles with her friends. Come time to pay, she pays with a $100 bill for something that cost $17 and here I am trying to scrounge around for change. At this point, the manager is pissed(not at me, at the girls) because they first try to act childish and mess with me, then pay with $100. Then when they leave, there was no tip. I was pissed. I tried to be nice. I didn't mess up, they didn't read the freakin menu!!!
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Please share stories!!! Got any?
    LaurenKaye29

• Wow! Sounds like you waited on some serious brats! Sorry that happened to you. I can't remember all my waitressing stories, but I do remember a time when we had an old man that regularly came in and order coffee. Nothing else and NEVER left a tip. He would complain about the coffee and say it was old and he wanted the pot dumped out and fresh coffee made. Our coffee was almost always fresh because we couldn't keep it long enough not to be. His waitress that day waited a few minutes and poured him another cup of coffee from the same pot. He stated that it was much better. Lol.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 11:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yeah, he was wanting to give you a hard time....lol. What a dork!!!
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I don't know how you ladies do that line of work...I would run my mouth and be fired the first day!
    I am office manager for a local contractor and I deal with assholes on the phone all day long. Especially in the summer...we install above ground swimming pools...you would not beleive how emotionally involved people become with this process. I sat at this desk while the guys dug a hole in my yard..and sat here the next day while they put up my pool...all was fine. It just never ceases to amaze me what people will bitch about. Ughhh!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• salexander...."I don't know how you ladies do that line of work...I would run my mouth and be fired the first day!"

When I told my dad that story he said the same exact thing...lol
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I HATE waitressing with a freakin passion for the same reason! I have a waitressing story too. Well, we have a huge nascar race by us twice a year and on "race weekends" everywhere is fully staffed, hotels are booked full, everything is really busy. The manager only scheduled 3 girls and let one call off! There was just me and another waitress on and rather than just seating a couple sections, our manager sat us full (18 tables each) and then sat his fat ass down in his office and smoked cigarettes while the two cooks and two waitresses held things down. Well one of my tables was obviously trying to get a free meal, don't remember how, just that it was obvious. They said they wanted to talk to a manager so I said "sure thing" and went to go fish him out of his office...cont below
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• When I went to get him he was on the phone flirting with some girl he met online and told me to "go make them happy...its your job". So I unplugged his job, took out my pad, handed them a mess of bills and tickets...some were up, some had been served, some hadn't been entered, some tables were ready to leave...and I said, "Now it's your job...mail me my last check" and he said "You're not getting paid til we have all of our things back" (referring to the shirt and apron). I threw my apron and shirt at him and left in my bra. I don't list that job on my resume. lol I'm SOOOOO not waitressing material!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Kabbot01: Lol. OMG, now that is a funny story! Sounds like he got what he deserved!
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 5:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2008