Hw old r u when u first time nurse baby

krishh

Asked by krishh at 12:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• This is a very badly worded question. If you are asking about taking care of a baby, I started helping with the care of children when I was 7 or 8. If you're asking about when you start breast feeding, that's shortly after you give birth, regardless of how old you are when that happens. If you're asking about being a pediatric nurse, then it's after you get your nursing degree and get a job (which won't happen with the skills demonstrated in this question).
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Tried - 24
    succeeded - 28
    cmboyd_1999

Answer by cmboyd_1999 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I was 20 when I had my daughter and I nursed her immediately after birth.

I'm assuming that you are a teenager considering breastfeeding your baby, since you posted this in "teens". Teenagers make GREAT breastfeeders. You tend to make more milk in your teens than you do when you are older. Sadly, very few teenagers nurse for very long. My theory is that it is taking ultimate responsibility and claiming motherhood, which is hard when a pregnancy is unplanned. It's also hard for teenagers to see their breasts do anything but be sexual, and most teens have not been exposed to breastfeeding as normal.

I really encourage you to nurse your baby, because it's wonderful!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• How old are you?
    Anonymous

• I don't quite understand this question, can you re word please?
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 12:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i was 17 when i had my 1st son, nursed him for 2 years, i've had a 2nd baby since and he's 7months and still nursing. the hospital was very very discouraging about breastfeeding, didn't really help me out at all. still I managed to do it though! it really helps if you have a support system , family , boyfriend, someone to help you through it. and education is key too, I don't think most women are educated enough on the facts of breastfeeding.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• books are your friend
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 12:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think she means how old is the baby? I nursed the very first day.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• If you mean me 38 if you mean DS about an hour after he was born/ IDK I have a headache,,LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2011