i have a question!

my daughter rolls over all day and at night she does it in her bed and stops at her tummy and sleeps on it. i constantly have to always turn her onto her back so i hardly get any saleep because im worried something might happen to her if i dont get to her in time to flip her back onto her back. she is only 7 months old! did your baby ever do this and what should i do? please someone help..im like desperate!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was the same way and at 2 he still is, i like you was very worried and would flip him but it would wake him up, i talked to his dr and she said dont worry, if a child can flip onto there tummy they can flip off if they need ot she is probably just comfy this way, if it really scares you put a moniter right next to your bed, still go and check on her if you need ot but this should help you sleep easier to hear her breather i totally know where youre coming from and i see how youre scared but the risk of sids is so much less once the can flip as long as her face is to the side dont worry but talk to youdr if you are concerned but im sure theyll tell you the same thing.. it is never racking but she WILL be ok
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• if she is able to roll back and forth then she will be fine sleeping on her stomach : )
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• The rule is to put her to bed on her back. You don't have to constantly run in and flip her back if she rolls on her own. If you are really worried about her you can put a fan in her bedroom. That will help circulate the air and will help reduce any risks. Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• thank you so much! i kinda feel alot better now lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• OH man my second son (who is 4 months old now) sleeps on his stomach all the time, he never starts out that way, but he can turn his head and lift his whole body up on his hands (like a push up) so I wouldn't worry too much! I could be wrong, but I think the peek period for SIDS is between 2-4 months old, if that is your worry....
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• its ok for her to sleep on her stomach. as long as she can turn her head from side to side its ok. I asked my pedi because my son wont sleep on his back. Also, he likes to spit up a lot and the pedi said its actually better for him so he doesn't choke on it.
    Anonymous

• There is some type of a pad you can get,to keep your baby from turning,i think you can find a burlington coat factory or toys are us.mention to her doctor
    oracao

Answer by oracao at 4:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree with the others about the fact that she can roll back and forth, let her. That is what my pedi told us as well. I have also seen very recent evidence that children who are kept too warm are much more likely to have SIDS. Keep them appropriately dressed and not too bundled up. She will sleep better if you are not running in and out flipping her too.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 6:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2008