Dirty look at the supermarket bc of coupons?

anyone experienc this?i never really was into coupons but i recently got into being more organized with them and i was very excited today that i bought a significant amount with my coupons. so i am paying and the lady is scanning my coupons and there is technical difficulties and this lady behind me gave me a dirty look like i should not be wasting her time by using coupons. well i felt so good after i left because i saved enough for me to go under my budget that i had. so to anyone that uses coupons and if you get dirty looks that is a good sign that means you are saving yourself a bunch of money and they are just jealous. lol

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 12:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Shopping

• The extreme couponing show seems to have upped the dirty look count. Congrats on the savings.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• People ought to understand that people are doing what they need to do these days.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Smile at that dirty look my friend.......................good job!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I have used coupons for years and got my fair share of dirty looks. Even worse was when I used to get my SILs WIC checks for her and do 3-4 at one time. People are in a hurry all the time now and if you hold them up they are offended. With the new extreme couponing shows though I get dirty looks using coupons even when there aren't technical difficulties.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• They were probably in a rush. Don't worry about them! Congrats on the coupons, I really want to do that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think it's because there are some people who use coupons and try to get things they shouldn't. I hate getting in line behind someone who has 502 coupons and half of them are expired. For the most part though, it's not a big deal. Congrats on your savings!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i know and i hope to be there one day but it wasnt totally my fault they give dirty looks with out coupons or even with a few coupons. well they shoudl not give any dirty looks to anyone. if someone is foodshopping let them pay . i mean i did all the hard work. i mean is everyone so much in a hurry. i hope to be a extreme couponer one day and its not about anyone else except myself saving $$. thanks. it was extremely fun.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• actually that really did motivate me more that means i got alot of savins and i can continue and the more dirty looks the better. lol. i hope i get tons. lol
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• It's jsut because coupons take time to deal with and can be a pain in the butt- especially if people trying to use them have the wrong size item or whatever...

good for you for finding some you could/would use though- I rarely find any that I would even use!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• yeah i am not worried. i am going to so continue. @mompam, you should so do it. its really really fun. i put the ones i was going to use in an excel program. didn;t ge to use all but i did use my fair amount. i still have some research to do from the last two sundays and some coupn printing at home so my next shopping trip should even be better. this is why i use self check out because the other lanes the people are always in a rush. lol
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2011