What do you do?

My mom is insisting on that we put our 6y/o DD in modeling, gymnastics, and dance. The gymnastics and dance I don't mind but it's not in our budget right not and I don't even think DD wants to do it. THe modeling is an absolute NO. And my mother refuses to accept it. When she is older and wants to do it on her own thats fine but we don't want to ruin her childhood and drag her to all that stuff. Do you need parent permission to do modeling? I hope so.

HappyMomma2832

Asked by HappyMomma2832 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• tell mama to shove it!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• If she wants it so badly...... let her pay for it.and do all the driving to and from.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Tell mama to take a step back...........she raised you, she doesn't get to raise the granddaughter.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Just do what you want. She is your daughter. Your mother can't make decisions for her. Stand up and say no.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• My MIL is acting the same way and my daughter is only 9 months i told her when my daughter asks me to do an activity then i will start those activities but modeling isn't happening until she was much older and as for advice if she is a minor they have to have parental permission or they could lose their license just tell you mom that it's your child and you will do as you see fit
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 2:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2011