National Parks

Yellowstone or Yosemite?

cheekycherub

Asked by cheekycherub at 1:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Travel

• We were just at both in the past month. It really depends on what you want. In Yosemite the valley floor is very crowded but you can take a shuttle and find easy hikes. There are other parts of the park with far fewer people. The winter was long and snowy and when we were there Tuolomne Meadows was still flooded.

Yellowstone was very crowded and very commercial for my tastes. it was amazing to see the geysers but it took a lot to get away from hoards of people. There is also a ton of driving to be done. On the upside, we were there when it was still quite chilly (got snowed on) and we saw tons of wildlife including bears.

Actually, one of our favorites was Grand Teton. It was incredibly close to Jackson Hole and the majesty of the peaks was amazing. Also a lot of people but not hugely crowded.

Try nps.gov
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i'm partial to yellowstone. it's such an amazing park with such a variety of different wonders. but i've never been to yosemite as much as i love northern cali.
    yellowstone has everything from mountains, lakes, geysers, hot springs, canyon, waterfalls, hiking, camping, wildlife galore... it's a truly amazing park. i was so lucky to have worked there and been able to spend months at a time because otherwise you don't get to see nearly enough. oh and the stars at night are AWESOME
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 1:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Badlands SouthDakota.South Dakota is absolutely beautiful!
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I was at both parks when I was eight years old. As a kid I remember Yellowstone way more than Yosemite. I think there are so many different things at Yellowstone. If we were planning a family trip out that way Yellowstone would definitely be on the list.
    My mom did like Yosemite better but all she ever says about it is how beautiful it is. I think Yellowstone has the beauty and then some.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• yellowstone
    keeponswimming

Answer by keeponswimming at 1:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2011