FOR MOTHERS WITH A TODDLER AND A NEWBORN:

Hello I am having my baby in 2 weeks and I wanted to know how do you take a nap during the day time? My son does not take naps he hates them and I know with the newborn he/she will be sleep most of the time but how can I take a nap with my 2 1/2 year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try him in a new rountine when the baby comes because he will most likely become calmer about everything if you tell him something like the baby has to sleep etc.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 11:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Have him help you with stuff during the day. Since baby will most likely sleep a lot make one of the naps special time for the two of you. Get all cuddly on the couch read a book or color a picture.

You will just have to create your own routine, it will not happen right away but it will happen. Good luck and congrats....

***I lost my though on this since my 20 month old is dumping toy totes :) **
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I used to set my daughter up with a snack, some juice & a DVD & I would rest on the couch while baby slept.Mostly just nap off & on for the length of a kids movie. It wasnt the best, but it was better then nothing.
    Anonymous

• playpen, snack, juice, toys. anytime I need to get something done or need a break.. if I give my 13 month old a cup of cheerios she will be quiet and still until she finishes them. try the playpen in the living room with it dark and the tv on.. hey some days.. you gotta do what you gotta do! Good Luck!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Good Luck on that. If you have someone over i'd take advantage of it and ask them to watch your 2 1/2 year old and take a nap then, I am only 12 weeks pregnant and I have a almost 4 year old and a 2 1/2 year old naps only happen if my fiance is willing to watch them while I nap. My kids don't nap either.... if they nap they want to stay up all night. Even with a one hour nap so there not allowed unless they are grumpy. Good luck. I am already feeling super tired so I feel you there. Congrats on the soon to be new addition!
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You can definitely train your little boy to play in his room, or read his books for a little while so you can rest. Probably not the full time of baby's nap, but maybe for at least a 1/2 hour. We used to put up a gate to their room, bring out special and very safe toys, and kiss them and tell them you would be back in a while and to have lots of fun. Sometimes it took a few minutes getting them started, but often they enjoyed the quiet time as much as I did.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 6:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have a 26 month old and a 6 month old and the only way I ever get to nap during the day is if the oldest is in the playpen and I'm putting the baby to sleep.
    DownsLove

Answer by DownsLove at 12:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2008