Do you see the world through different colored glasses

i have a child with delays
i was in politics section on here this am
(remind me to stay out of there-lol)
a women wrote.... women and small bus, then posted her comment
i took it as women who ride small bus are therefore mentally delayed

LMAO
she was just shortening business
but small bus - meant small bus to me, and i took as tongue in cheek slam on others that thought different, would be riding a short bus because of lack of brain function
she did not mean this at all - (sorry grlygrly mom)

do you see the world differently than others because of past present happenings in your life? if i did not have a child who rode the small bus, i never would have jumped to this conclusion

i am now seeing the world through delayed colored glasses
do you have colored glasses on? what color do you see the world and why

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 1:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I can see why you took it that way. Awww you do have a stalker.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I've always been pretty open minded but I can't tell you how much more respect I have Mothers like yourself who deal with More than the "average" parent deals with.. my hats off to you mommy..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• @OP--My DH would have seen the very same thing you saw! To him, 'short bus' means.....mentally challenged.
    I think with certain things in my life I see things through different colored glasses than others around me. I've lived for 17yrs with severe chronic pain on a daily basis so...everything to me is somehow related to that. Why I do things the way I do, why I make decisions I make etc but to look at me....people do not SEE my pain (going on inside my body) so, they seem puzzled by me alot. They cannot understand why I'm not out shopping and running all around enjoying things for example. I think they think I purposely limit myself. However, if I had ,say, a limp or arm missing or something....they would not question because they then could SEE something wrong with me with their own eyes. I'm not sure if this is what you meant but, it's the closest I could come with my own experiences.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Cowardly anonymous. PLEASE state where she said anything about a Jesus? .......waiting.......still waiting...... want a towel to wipe that egg off your face?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• WOW! Someone is PMS'ing on you today!
    Yeah,I tend to have my guard up in defense of my son and other people with disabilities

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• thanks maxs mom, i am no dofferent than another mom, just see things differently now, given what life's dice rolled for me
    and kellygirl-yes i mean just something like this

if you were cheated on - do you expect cheating from the next
    if you had a bad experience with police, then you see police force in this light
    if you were unjustly accusted by CPS, you have an opinion on CPS that will last forever
    if you have a parent who abused you, it colors your view of life always
    if you had a close call with drowning, you see water play/fun as dangerous

could be anything
    we all have had experiences that color our world differently

if my child did not have autism, i would not have seen the short cut of bus as anything but short for business

i laugh at myself with the politics question & my comment on that womens words
    i took, wrong, she explained , i apologized, and i left my comment up
    laugh at t
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• was born and raised with Jesus as my example, but was not thinking of Him when i asked this question, just was wondering if any other moms see how they might see things differently now than they used to because of situations in their llife that have changed their view of the world

ANON=come to Jesus moment? care to elaberate? or is this a slam on me?
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i have a chip?
    please elaborate for me

i do have chip on shoulder given to me from the ex, who had a secret life he kept from me
    but do not see how this has any barring on my post/question

please explain, not getting your point
    and i do not have much opinion on my relirgion or others, i stay out of the religion section - i think to each her own on beliefs of faith
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• and i did not vote you down
    do not seethe point in that stuff
    just so you know

but would like to know your reasons for your slams on me
    not that you know anything about me
    except the fact that i make lots of typos -lol
    what do you think you know about me?
    aside from the ex coming out of secret closet - i do own that chip-people who make commitments should not have secret lives- in my opinion
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• someone is having a come to jesus moment isn't she ?
    Anonymous