How do i get my ten yr old duaghter to stop peeping her self

she can go with days even weeks without peeping the bed or herself

missyjc5

Asked by missyjc5 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My brother and sister were about that age when my mom had to take the to a urologist (as suggested by the pediatrician), they had a medical problem and they did get fixed, but I don't remember the details.  (I was like 6 at the time)

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Have you talked to the doc? My BIL has spasms in his bladder. He peed his bed until 12 or 13 because of it.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• them to a....
    Dahis

• Try to notice if there is something that is worrying her or if someone or something around is taking attention away from her. I never had that problem with my daughter, but I did read a little about it. My ex's son with his first wife had that problem and they found it was a way for him to get attention because he felt left out after a second child came along.
    mdswoman

Answer by mdswoman at 1:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I think you make an appointment with a urologist.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• See the pediatrician just to make sure there is nothing physical going on. In the meantime, there is a product called "Goodnites" that she can wear to sleep just in case. And if an accident wakes her up, she can easily change into a new Goodnite on her own. Her sheets and clothes will still be dry, and she can go back to sleep. This helps a child feel like they have more control and privacy over the issue.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• She needs to be seen by a specialist to see if there are any medical reasons she is doing this. If there are none then she needs to be evaluated by a mental health professional to see if there is a mental health issue to explain it and either way, she needs treatment.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would begin with a medical check-up, to be sure she does not have an infection, or other medical problem that is causing this. If this is only happening at night, you might want to make sure she is peeing completely just before bedtime. I would perhaps limit the amount she drinks before bedtime. Have a cut-off time for drinks - perhaps no drinks two hours before bedtime.
    dreamalong

Answer by dreamalong at 1:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2011