Getting baby to sleep all night in cosleeper bed.

I have been co sleeping with my son on and off since he came home from the hospital (he is 3 months) I have his arms reach cosleeper bed next to my bed and I will swaddle him (because if not he flails his arms and legs and wakes himself up) and I put him in his co sleeper he has started sleeping about six hours but all of a sudden like the last 2 weeks he wakes up at 3 or 4 am and if I pick him up and put him to sleep in my arm he falls back to sleep until about 6. I would love some advice to get him to stay in there all night. Thanks in advance for any advice.

KWJess05

Asked by KWJess05 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Best of luck to you :). Hope you find some helpfull advice
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Is he formula fed? If so buy some of the nighttime formula & give it a try, or add 1tsp cereal per oz of milk to fill his tummy so he'll sleep better. I hope things get better & good luck!
    something_

Answer by something_ at 1:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Have you tried putting him back in after he's sound asleep in your arms?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• babies have the tendancy to change sleeping patterns, he could also be going through a growth spurt and waking up in the middle of the night because he is hungry. 6 hours is actually very good for a 3 month old. just put him back to sleep and put him back in there would be my advice.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 1:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Waking once in the night is great going for so young a baby. But you still should be able to get him back to sleep after a feed without having to hold him. You could put him back down once he's fast asleep but that can mean a long wait for you and it can become a regrettable habit. How about putting him down once he's drowsy and wrapping your arm around him, so he feels cuddled by you? At any rate there are a lot of tips in my favourite baby sleep book: The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night I just loved this book! Feel for you. x

Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 2:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• try rubbing his back, singing to him softly or getting a "mommy bear" that makes heartbeat or water sounds, both of which he was used to in your womb. The mommy bear was very soothing for my boys. Sometimes they woke for a feeding, but after filling their belly, they fell right back to sleep listening to the mommy bear.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Womamhood I love that book too :) helped me with my babies as they got older too, and helped me to learn how to not have sleeping issues I had with them with this one!
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 2:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Good question...I would try soothing songs, Mobiles, Rubbing him..Make sure he is fed and full, diaper changed and burped..That should help with staying asleep longer
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Ok according to the doctors u arent suppose to put ur baby down asleep but drowsy... idk how r if it works cause I breast feed so idk but maybe try that
    JaylynnsMommy21

Answer by JaylynnsMommy21 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 13, 2011