Birthday questions please help!

My dd is turning 4 soon and I don't know how many gifts to get her or what to get her...we are really tight on money right now also help please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you are giving her a party, you really don't need to get her anything. Everyone will bring a present. If no party, just get her what she likes. It could be as cheap as bubbles, it won't matter. It's fun to open things, so maybe get 3-4 cheap things like cute chapstick, a t-shirt, crocs, a stuffed animal, sidewalk chalk,.... Kids don't care how much it costs.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I agree, the Dollar Store or the Dollar Tree are great places to get gifts while they are this young, you can get bubbles, puzzles, games, and dolls, for little to nothing and she will think she racked up.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 2:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• DS just turned 4 on the 6th, he ended up having 3 cakes (the 4th, the 6th and 9th) due to the 4th and relatives coming from out of state..lol but he only got 1 toy from each of us. i usually never get him more then 3 even when money isnt tight. IMO i feel that it keep them humble.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 2:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I agree that if your giving her a party then gifts are not a must but you could still do a cheap gift of her favorite character if you choose. My ds is turning 5 and we are having a party for him....I had to already spend money to rent a pavilion and then money for food and decorations....but we also spent about $40 on presents for him. His gifts were school things though since we would have to buy them anyways. good luck, I am sure she will like whatever you can do for her...you know her better than anyone else.
    Terra24

Answer by Terra24 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Go with one gift that you can afford. You can find lots of cute things a 4 year old would love for very little money.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2011