Common or not

I got a faint positive Friday with the Dollar General 1.00 test.

I have been told today that those test are known for false positives and evaporatation lines...

Was this proven true with your expEriences?

ttcforever6391

Asked by ttcforever6391 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, you can't get a false positive, no matter what test or brand. You get a positive when the HGC or whatever in your urine goes on the test. If you're not pregnant it wont show up in your urine...
    something_

Answer by something_ at 1:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I LOVED the cheap tests....and a faint positive line usually just means your early :) Congrats let me know how it goes!! All tests are the same seriously they test your hormone levels!
    tikibaby4269

Answer by tikibaby4269 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• You can get a false negative but false positive...hmmm I don't think so.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Nope, $ store tests worked great for me. There is no such thing as a false positive. Congrats!
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I have gotten a false positive on the equate brand before and it was plain as day!

Thanks for all the amswers I guess I'm gonna be a mommy Again! We have waited for this a very long time!
    ttcforever6391

Comment by ttcforever6391 (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I had 2 false positives with the Equate brand, and I know of three other people that have had false positives with the same brand. Never tried the DS ones.
    I know they say false positives aren't possible, but I was not pregnant in any way and the test was a clear positive.
    peekaboo90

Answer by peekaboo90 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• no lol thats just the thing about the dollar store test the bfp is so faint that you have to go get a frer to confirm but its never a false positive it just need alittle more confirmation........good luck
    lovevlj31

Answer by lovevlj31 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2011