Has your state legalized Medical Marijuana? If so, how do you feel about it.

If your state has not legalized medical marijuana, how would you vote if the question was put up to the ballot for a vote?

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 2:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Health

• Yes, it has. I'm okay with it.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• not yet but i hope it will soon. it is a natural remedie to sooo many problems.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 2:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• yes and i totally agree with it..i think they should just legalize it all together
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 2:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Nope it hasn't. & it wouldn't bother me a bit.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Ahhhh. We have medical marijuana here. The cons are that cards are given out to anyone who pays the money for it, so it is not really medical, and a lot of young folks are super-enjoying their abilty to get the stuff easier. Another is that people are starting to sell the hash oil illegally because of the ease of getting the disgards. There has also been a bunch of theft and violence in the dispensaries, as the criminal element still needs to bring in an income. It sucks for the people who really need it. Gives it a bad rap for them.
    I think if we are going to legalize, we need to sell it commercially and tax it, as well as have restrictions in place for driving, and trying to parent while being under the influence . . .much like alcohol. But the dispensary thing is a joke.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• We have had robberies at the dispensaries here in Michigan too, or people being robbed after leaving the dispensary. One dispensary was robbed of all their equipment before they even had a chance to open. I do think it should be regulated by the govt anud taxed. From what I have the prices they charge are outrageous. How are people that really need it going to be able to afford it. The Govt. needs to regulate the price.
    maggiebgood

Comment by maggiebgood (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Actually, for the people who need it medically, it should be sold through the pharmacy, so it is regulated for purity and dosage, and insurance should help out. When we are talking "medicine", it just is sometimes expensive. You can choose to take a generic anti-nausea pill, also, and that would be alot cheaper than smoking a joint.
    But, the bulk of the users are not using it for medical reasons, so it should be expensive, like alcohol.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'm from Michigan, too, and I'm fine with it, but we haven't seen the crime in my area that OP is describing. That might change my mind.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I thought there WAS a limit for what could be charged?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• No, and chances are they won't any time soon. Hell, I live in PA, we still have state stores to sell liquor. And I see no reason for marijuana - medicinal or not - to be illegal.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2011