Do you and your DH/SO have date night?

If so, what do you usually do together?

zoomomto3

Asked by zoomomto3 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• No because my kids will not watch their little brother and if I "make" them they will just neglect him and dh doesn't want "strangers" around his son alone...these strangers are people I know but of course I think it's a ploy to not take me out
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• everyonce in a while we will get out and do things with out my son, he goes with his father, everyother weekend, last night we went to the movies for the first time in a year, and we are going to a concert in a few weeks, but then baby will be here the end of aug. so no alone time then
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Nope. My children are still to young to be left home without us.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• We have date night...every night.. Whether we are sitting at home watching a movie/gaming..etc.. Or going out and painting the town red.. When we are together, it's date time..

Over the years, we developed a mind set/attitude of always seeing ourselves as being on a "date" when we are able to spend time together. No matter where we are or what we are doing. For us.. Being on a "date" is far more about our interaction with one another, how we are viewing and treating one another than it has to do with where we are/what we are doing.

In regards to out on the town date nights. A few times a week we go out together. We do things that range from : dinner, to art gallery openings, concerts, plays...etc.To be fair though, we are empty nesters.. When our son was growing up, before he was a teen, we did "date nights" at home 2 days a week usually. We didn't really start date nights out and about that often until he was a teen
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• no,date days. He has off every 6th Monday and we go out while our son is in school

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Yes, it's been almost 5 years. We try to have date night every Saturday. It's mostly inside though. we watch a movie, have a nice meal or talk. We only go out maybe once every 6 months due to finances, time and our son. But, we do a little something each weekend and call it date night. It's all a frame of mind.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• No...we do things together all the time when DH is home, so we don't feel we need to set aside time to call it a "date night" to spend time together or pretend we're on a date or whatever that is really about. Some may need that but we don't. I think it's just sort of 'faddish' or 'cutesie', maybe I think it's even just a bit corny. Either you're married and giving it all you've got and you make sure you get your "together time" or you don't or you're not married and still dating each other. We've never bought into that whole date night thing.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Not a set night, but we do go out on dates once/month or so. Usually we just go catch a late supper at restaurant and talk, sometimes we eat at home and just go out for drinks and appetizers. It's nice to get away - when we are home I can always see about 10 other things I need to be doing!

Answer by missanc at 4:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2011